blog template

April 19, 2011

A Recipe for Adorable

The challenge at Meljen's Designs this week is a recipe challenge.  The recipe is 3 colors, 2 papers, and one bow.  The challenge at Wee Memories this week is All Things Adorable.  So easy to combine these two challenges because I think Meljen's Designs images are so adorable!!



This week I decided to use the image Lovey Pup that I won in a recent blog hop.  You can find him in the Whimsy Stamps store.  I have had him printed for a while but decided to color him using my new favorite technique, colored pencils blended with baby oil.  I thought I was in love with the alcohol ink markers, but I feel like I have much more control over where the color goes with the colored pencils.  For the recipe, I used red, creamy caramel, and baby blue as my colors.  The papers I have had forever just waiting for the perfect card.  I added a little faux stitching with a fine Sharpie and a tiny rhinestone for the tag on his collar.

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"



4 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my gosh - this is so sweet! I love the papers with this sweet Meljen pup!!! Love the pop of blue with your ribbon too - thanks for joining us at Meljen's Design this week for our recipe challenge!
Hugs,
M

Cheryl said...

Rae Ann, This is adorable! I love the papers you used.


Thank you for joining our recipe challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

**Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

Laurel Beard said...

The title of this post is dead on! A recipe for adorable indeed! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!

Nicole said...

Congratulations on being picked as one of our TOP FIVE FAVORITES (AGAIN!) this week at Meljen's Designs! Thanks for playing along and I look forward to seeing you next week!

Blessings,
Nicole
MD DTC