blog template

June 28, 2011

Darling Donkey

This week the challenge at Meljen's Designs is to use plaid and/or stripes on your project.  I wanted to try to use both and it was a challenge for sure.  The plaid was really easy.  I just knew the Sweet Little Donkey would be adorable paper pieced in plaid.  Finding the right stripe paper was the real challenge. 


The card ended up being monochromatic, but I didn't plan that!  I cut the oval using my cricut and the Lacy Labels cartridge.  It actually started out as a circle, but I altered it to make an oval.  I added some doodling and some pearls and popped the oval up with some leftover stamp foam.  I originally had it flat on the card and it didn't stand out at all.  It is amazing what one minor change can make to the overall design! 

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Pearls-Recollections (Michael's)
Flowers-Prima Mulberry Flowers
Ribbon from my stash


2 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my this is super adorable!!! Love the colors you chose and how beautiful is your paper piecing? LOVE! Gorgeous - thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week!
hugs,
M

Sprytebyrd said...

Love the monochromatic colors you've used! Such a sweet card!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments