blog template

July 27, 2011

Recipe Challenge

At Meljen's Designs this week, the challenge theme is a recipe.  You have to use one bow, three brads and a circle on your project.  Here is my card for the challenge this week.


I used the image Simple Little Butterfly which is available at Whimsy Stamps.  I used two of the brads for the color spots on the butterfly, and the third brad is on the bow.  I really love these button brads and will have to get more.  The butterfly is actually dimensional on the card.


I colored it using colored pencils blended with baby oil.  Then I cut it out and folded the wings up slightly for some dimension.

Card measures 4.5" x 5"
Cuttlebug embossing folder-Bloom Dots
Spellbinders Eyelets Pendants
Button Brads-Paper Studio Spare Parts
Ribbon from my stash


No comments: