blog template

August 27, 2011

Last Guest Designer Post

It is with a heavy heart that I post my last Meljen's guest designer post.  I have had so much fun trying to come up with projects to share each week.  I love the versatility of Meljen's Designs and have so much fun using them.

My project this week has a trash to treasure kind of story.  My father-in-law gave one of the boys a belt clip.  It came in this awful tin.



I hear the words "You can throw it away.  I don't want it."  My ears perk up and I immediately rescue this ugly tin from certain doom. 


I knew I could use a Meljen's image and turn that tired tin into something fabulous!



I used the image Little Girl Bear Hugs and colored it using Prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil.  I used papers from the Basic Grey Hopscotch pad so they would all have the same color and feel.  I added some lace trim, ric rac and ribbon to the top.  My hubby told me it was a bit busy, so I figured it was just right!

I want to thank everyone for visiting me today and each Saturday this month.  I look forward to seeing what the next guest designer has to offer!





No comments: